Senior/Lead Service Designer
We’re looking for experienced and exceptional Service Designers who have a passion for making the world a better place.
Today is optimistic about the power of design and technology to tackle the complex, interconnected challenges facing our planet right now. We’d like to work with similarly optimistic folk who are as comfortable designing a program of business process research as they are facilitating the co-design of service and product concepts.
We value systems thinking, pragmatic problem solving, gumption and the deep understanding of the role of digital in service transformation. Above all we value curiosity, passion, creativity, empathy and invention.
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
YOUR DAYS WILL BE SPENT:
- Leading and influencing trans-disciplinary teams to crack big, complex problems
- Building empathy with people in order to deeply understand them and their lived experience and needs
- Finding a way through fuzzy, complicated, organisational challenges
- Knowing how to wrangle insights into action
- Designing and facilitating ideation and co-design workshops
- Inventing new things
- Being a trusted counsel for our clients
- Challenging our clients to think bigger and to act smaller
- Presenting work, concepts and new business pitches to senior stakeholders
- Creating clever responses to new business opportunities
- Writing compelling stories and tell good yarns about the value of a design mindset and approach
- Having a positive attitude of 'how might we?' rather than 'it won't work because...'
- Legally able to work in Australia (if you're on a visa, give us a bit of detail on where you're at)
- Minimum three years experience in service design practice
- Experience in creative prototyping/making will be well regarded
- The opportunity to contribute to Today's Service Design practice, shaping our future team and direction
- Work on work with purpose. We work on big, complex, problems around people, communities and planet
- A creative workplace. We challenge the status quo and look for new ways to tackle some of the big challenges in our world
- Bring your whole self to work. We love working with people who bring their personality, their experience, and their uniqueness to the team
- Respect, of you and your commitment to being here. An inclusive working environment that is warm and inspiring
- Generous parental leave policy
- Your birthday day off